Home Maintenance Checklist – Spring Cleaning Tips
Below is a home maintenance check list offering spring cleaning tips and advice to get your home’s systems in good working order for the upcoming warmer months.
- Have your air conditioning system professionally serviced.
- Change/clean HVAC air filters.
- Clear debris from around the outside air conditioner and remove the cover if applicable.
- Inspect windows and doors to make sure they function properly. Replace if necessary.
- Check putty around window panes and weather stripping around windows and doors. Fix as needed.
- Check window and door screens and replace or repair as needed.
- Check locks, latches, and hinges on your doors and windows. Replace or repair as needed.
- Trim back trees and shrubs as needed to eliminate over hanging branches and improve curb appeal.
- “Open” your pool for the swimming season. Make sure your pump and filtration systems work effectively and that your chemicals are balanced.
- Pressure wash your home’s exterior and apply touch up paint as required to address paint failure.
- Remove leaves, small branches and debris from gutters, downspouts and down-spout extensions so that water properly drains away from your home.
- Look for sagging or otherwise damaged gutter components and repair if necessary.
- Check all smoke alarms and C/O ( Carbon Monoxide ) detectors.
- Turn on water to outdoor faucets. Turn on irrigation system, check sprinkler heads and make needed repairs.
- Test all GFI’s in kitchen, baths, laundry and exterior
- Examine caulking around sink, tubs and showers. Reapply if necessary.
- Remove early signs of bird and stinging insect nests from eaves, ledges and etc.
- Clean windows and clear weep holes