Home Maintenance Checklist – Summer Tips
Summer home maintenance check list offering tips and advice to keep your home’s systems – especially your air conditioning – in good working order during the hot summer months.
- Change/clean HVAC air filters.
- Check doors and windows for proper operation
- Remove debris from rain gutters and downspouts
- Inspect driveways, sidewalks, patios, bricks and other concrete or stone surfaces for cracks, and repair as needed.
- Remove hair from drains in tubs, sinks and showers using drain cleaner that is appropriate for your system.
- Inspect decks, steps and wooden structures for wood rot and other damage. Make repairs as soon as possible to minimize further complications.
- Weatherproof all wooden surfaces if it has been 2 years or more since you last did it.
- Check eaves around your home’s roof, chimneys, caps and etc. Remove flying insect nests and fix any damaged areas.
- Test ground-fault circuit interrupters around your home and examine electrical cords for wear.
- Inspect washer hoses and dryer vent system.
- Clean rain gutters and down spouts. Hose down to ensure good drainage flow.
- Check caulking in kitchen, baths and laundry area.
- Test all smoke detectors and C/O ( Carbon Monoxide ) detectors.
- Test all GFI’s in kitchen, baths, laundry and exterior