Home Maintenance Checklist – Winter Tips
Below is a home maintenance check list offering tips and advice to keep your home’s systems in good working order during the winter months.
- Test your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace batteries and damaged equipment.
- Take fire extinguishers to a certified inspector to make sure that they function properly.
- Change/clean HVAC air filters.
- Check faucets in your kitchen, bathrooms, basements and etc. for leaks and other problems.
- Clean the lint out of your clothes dryer vent.
- Check refrigerator and freezer gaskets. Place a dollar bill on the seal and close the door. If the bill easily moves, then the seal is not working properly.
- Use a vacuum with a brush attachment to clean the coils on the back of your refrigerator and freezer.
- Flush water heaters to remove sediment and improve efficiency.
- Dye test toilets and repair identified leaks.
- Test GFI’s in Kitchen, Baths, Laundry and Exterior